Who Do We Work With?
CCT works with children and adults who have complex rehabilitation needs. We support individuals who have developmental +/or acquired speech, language, communication and swallowing disorders.
CCT therapists are highlight skilled and are experienced working in a interdisciplinary team, including therapists, families/carers, Case Managers and Solicitors.
What Therapy Services Do We Offer?
CCT are specialists in the field of cognitive communication disorders.
We provide treatment to support client’s with support decision making and mental capacity assessments.
Dysphagia assessment and treatment is offered to both children and adults. Rachel Moir has a dual qualification (post-graduate) to assess and treat both client groups. CCT provides mentoring and supervision to other SLTs in this field.
We also provide therapy to clients who require support with:
- Language and Communication
- Cognitive Communication Disorder
- High Level Language
- Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC)
- Accessible Information
- Support Decision and Making and Mental Capacity Assessments
- Challenging Behaviour
- Functional Goals
- Support Worker Training
How do we work?
- We are led by the client, to set functional goals and agree how progress will be measured.
- We share information and communicate clearly to ensure a collaborative approach.
- We take an dynamic and creative approach that is flexible to the clients changing needs.
- We follow through on agreements and promises we make, and keep those involved updated if things change.
- We are upfront and transparent about our costs.
- We are prepared to step back if priorities change.
- We are experienced in managing challenging behaviour. We take a non-judgemental approach to understanding the behaviour and how distressing it can be for all involved.
Where Do We Work?
CCT provides person centred services to clients and we deliver flexible treatment approaches at locations of their choice.
We can provide therapy in a setting of your choice, including:
- Special education schools
- Work place
- Rehabilitation settings
- Rehabilitation units
- Mainstream and special schools
- Children's centres
- Wider community settings